Thursday, December 3, 2015

Just to Let You Know I'm Still Here...

Just a quick post today, between travels, to let you know that I'm still here at the blog...but I might not be here at the blog for a few days.  The reason for this is that my output usually diminishes considerably when I'm visiting my boys and their families.

My husband and I returned from NY last night, where we'd spent a wonderful Thanksgiving week with our oldest son and his wife (and our four precious granddaughters!) at our lake house, and then a few extra days working to get it ready for its spring opening as a VRBO rental house.

Today, we're flying down to VA, where we will see three of our sons, their wives, and our two darling grandsons.  We haven't seen Little Dude, son #2's little fella, since he was a day old, and he'll celebrate his one-month birthday soon.  He's growing like a weed, apparently, and I think we're going to be surprised by how much he's changed since we met him in the hospital.

We've also been missing our little buddy G-Man, son #3's adorable and hilarious one-year-old--but we'll get to have lots of quality time with him over the next few days, while his parents enjoy a well-earned anniversary getaway.  We FaceTime with him so often that I don't think there's going to be any adjustment period where he wonders, "Who the heck are these two old folks?"  He's actually saying "Papa" and "Grammy" now.  And it's music to our ears, let me tell you.

My cup does runneth over, you know.  Just when I was starting to have random weepy spells because I miss having my kids around, I get to see them all in the space of a few weeks!  After this weekend, the only one we will not have seen recently is our youngest, who left for Germany at the end of October.  But he's coming home to NH for Christmas!  (And the people rejoiced!)

Oh, and here's some interesting news: we may have yet another blogger in the family.  My baby told me last night that he's going to start a blog of his own.  He's a huge movie buff, and he's planning to dedicate his blog to movie reviews.  He's quite a writer (said his proud mommy)--no, but really, he is.  So I look forward to sharing his blog with you once he gets it up and running.

Okay then, that's it for me today.  Happy Advent, and God bless you for stopping by.
Images of our tree added because I think every blog post needs some
pictures.  And also, because I think we have the best tree out there
(although I'm sure yours is very nice, too).

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about the new blog!! I can't wait to read it! And I love your Finding Grace and Erin's Ring ornaments...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son #2 hand-painted those for me, as a birthday gift! I love them!

      Delete
  2. I like the ornament that says, "This tree stinks." Ha, what's the story behind that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there's my next blog post. (S might remember the story.)

      Delete