Tuesday, September 1, 2015

WIWS: Little Black Dress Edition

I feel like a genius!!  I have figured out how to navigate through the labyrinth of convoluted pathways Windows 10 wants me to travel now, just to perform the simple task of inserting pictures into blog posts (something that used to be a lot easier for a technologically-challenged human such as myself). 

But I did it.  I right-clicked on the photo I wanted to add to this post and I chose a prompt I didn't recognize.  Suddenly I was looking at a new-to-me and therefore scary-different screen that was asking me to pick from a long list of unfamiliar-looking buttons...and wonder of wonders, I figured it out.  I pushed the right button, don't ask me how.  And after days--literally, days--of trying to figure it out, I unlocked the secret.

Excuse me, I need to go and do a happy dance, and then I'll get back to blogging.

Phew!  I'm really relieved.  I wanted to get over to Best Buy to ask the Geek Squad what in the world I should do, but my husband and I have been so busy here at home the past couple of weeks, doing a DIY bathroom renovation project.  (More on that coming soon!)

You can call me a geek, I'm proud to be one.  Go ahead, I assure you I won't be offended.

Okay then, I'm going to celebrate being able to blog on my laptop again by linking up with the fashionable faithful over at Fine Linen and Purple for What I Wore Sunday (something I haven't done in ages).
For 9:00 a.m. Mass this past Sunday, I basically wore an LBD, a sleeveless black sheath dress that I got years ago at Wal-Mart (don't judge me--I love Wal-Mart!).  It's by their George brand, and it's just the greatest, most versatile little dress.  It's a perfect length (just below the knee), and it has just a touch of stretch to it so it's super comfy.  I've worn it with jackets, cardigans, pashminas, or just alone with a string of pearls.  I can dress it up or down; it's definitely a staple of my wardrobe.

I wanted to cover up my shoulders for Mass, so I paired the dress with a short-sleeved cropped sweater from Dress Barn, and then used a brooch to close it at the front.  My husband always seems to notice and comment when I'm sporting something bright red, so it's one of my favorite colors to wear.

After Mass, I asked my husband to take a picture of the Mary garden just outside our parish church, St. Mary's.  I had--gasp!--left my cell phone at home, so I needed to use the camera on his.   (I think this whole Windows 10 nightmare, from which I've just awoken, had rocked my world so thoroughly that I was beginning to turn my back on technology altogether!!)

Well, my husband was more than willing to play paparazzi, but he wanted me to sit in front of the garden.  "You can use the pictures in your blog," he said.

"No I can't!  I can't figure out how to use pictures in my blog anymore, remember?"

But I did as I was told, and I sat on the nice granite bench in this beautiful garden dedicated to Our Blessed Mother--a spot I love so much, and which was the inspiration for that first scene in Erin's Ring, when Molly McCormick finds an old Irish Claddagh ring poking out of the dirt near the statue of Mary.

Besides my LBD, I'm wearing a gold Claddagh ring
on my right hand (it's a little hard to see in this picture!). 
I've had it since 1979, and I wear it always!

And I'm wearing my gold Miraculous Medal,
which I also wear every day, not just on Sundays.

I know I'm really late, because it's Tuesday and this link-up is for Sundays...but I tripped on a rock...and the sun was in my eyes (it was!  Do you see the way I'm squinting in these pictures?!)...

And oh yeah, my best excuse of all: I upgraded to Windows 10!

If you want to see what other [better-dressed, younger] ladies wore Sunday, head on over to FLAP.

3 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! Great outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep telling my hubby that I'm going to downsize my wardrobe and stop buying dresses--that I'm just going to use the solid-colored ones I already have and change the sweaters and jackets and other accessories I wear with them, to turn one dress into a dozen different outfits. But when I see racks of dresses, I'm drawn to them like a bee to nectar. I'm working on it...but still not there yet.

      Delete