Thursday, August 13, 2015

I Survived!

Well, just a little while ago, I finished up my radio interview with Ken Huck on his "Meet the Author" show.  I called in and talked to Ken about Erin's Ring for 20 minutes or so; and when we were finished I hung up, grateful that although there were some points in the interview where I might have been a little awkward in giving my answers, I had survived it.  After I hung up the phone, I exhaled, and even said "I survived!" aloud--then worried that perhaps I hadn't pushed the "off" button on the phone hard enough and those words had gone out over the airwaves.  I really, really hope not. 

Here's what kept me company on the dining room table as I talked to Ken.  With friends like this around (St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Joseph, Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, and Mary, Our Mother), how can you go wrong?
I had a quivery feeling in the pit of my stomach for parts of the interview; I babbled at times, and then at others didn't know how to end what I was saying. I think I ended some of my long-winded answers with, "So..."  I still need work at this public speaking business.   But Ken couldn't be nicer, and I so appreciate his willingness to have me on his show.  Not once, but twice! 

Ken gave away two signed copies of Erin's Ring during the broadcast, to callers of the show--with one caveat: they were asked to share the book with three people, and then to email Ken about those experiences.  I can't thank him enough for helping to spread the word about this book, which I hope will touch many young souls.

Thanks so much to those who prayed for me.  I appreciate it more than I can express!

No comments:

Post a Comment