Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thoughts on a Sunday

It's day 7 of 7 Posts in 7 Days, and I'm just barely going to make it, folks.

It's been a busy, busy day: first 9 a.m. Mass, followed by a big brunch of eggs, bacon, and homemade to-die-for coffee cake, followed by a couple of hours hanging out with my main man and the Geek Squad at Best Buy (trading in the top-of-the-line Macbook Air he got me for my birthday for a PC laptop which doesn't intimidate me quite so much--and is smaller and lighter than my old one, and has a Windows 8 touch screen, so it's sort of like a Mac in ways), followed by a couple of hours in the kitchen preparing chicken piccata and mashed potatoes for the best birthday present buyer ever and our baby boy, the newly minted paratrooper who just got home from Airborne school yesterday.  Phew! That was quite the run-on sentence.  SoooOOO...

Instead of trying to come up with some scintillating (hah!) or original (not likely!) post, I thought I'd send you over to the blog of author Nancy Carabio Belanger (who wrote the well-loved and successful YA Catholic novels Olivia and the Little Way and Olivia's Gift).
Nancy posted a perfect meditation today on the importance of attending (and staying through until the end of) Sunday Mass, where the "greatest event in humankind" is recreated on the altar, and she expresses herself on the subject better than I ever could.  I was truly inspired by her words today, and I think you will be, too.  (Just click here to read.)

I hope you've had a happy and holy Sunday, and have a great week!  (We'll see if I can continue this daily blogging thing without any breaks, now that I'm finished with Jen Fulwiler's epic blogging challenge...)

No comments:

Post a Comment