Friday, June 28, 2013

A Little Help from "Catholic Book News"

I recently received an e-mail from Ellen Gable Hrkach, award-winning Catholic fiction author and president of the Catholic Writers Guild, informing me that because Finding Grace has received the CWG Seal of Approval, it will be one of the titles showcased in the July edition of the Guild's "Catholic Book News."  This publication will be sent out to hundreds of bookstores and libraries, so hopefully it will give my book some much-needed visibility (and maybe even a wee boost in sales, God willing).

I'm sorry I keep using this blog to plug my book...but I think I'm a better blog-to-blog salesman than I would be a door-to-door salesman.  If you choose this moment to click on the X up in the right-hand corner and leave my blog lickety-split, that's certainly a lot less painful for me than having a door slammed in my face!  (Hmmm...I may need to sign up for that Salesmanship 101 class I never got around to taking...)

I've really got to stop with the apologizing.  I never think badly of other bloggers who talk about their book projects on their blogs, so I don't know why I assume you're thinking badly of me.  (Please don't!)  Okay then, here's the "sell sheet" as it will appear in the CWG publication.

Finding Grace by Laura H. Pearl

Category: Religious Fiction, Teen/Young Adult
ISBN:  9781936453115
Formats: Paperback
ebook
Pages: 332
Price: $17.99

Available from Amazon and Bezalel Books

Award: Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval

At the age of 13, Grace Kelly (who has been saddled with the name of a world-renowned beauty, but is far from one herself) is inspired by an offhand comment from her father to become a saint. But coming of age and falling deeply in love for the first time in the early 1970's -- in the wake of the 60's "sexual revolution" and the historic Roe v. Wade decision -- presents true challenges for young people who are trying to live chastely. Grace realizes that without the help of God, the Blessed Mother and all the saints in Heaven, navigating  the thorny path to sainthood would be an almost insurmountable task.

"I really enjoyed this Catholic novel by Laura Pearl. It's such a sweet, romantic, entertaining story for teens and adults."
Therese Heckenkamp, author, Past Suspicion and Frozen Footprints
"Author Laura Pearl has done a spectacular job of character development and enmeshing those characters in real life situations."  
Cheryl Dickow, author, Elizabeth, A Holy Land Pilgrimage

"Finding Grace is so beautifully written and so refreshing to read...its themes of faith, family, finding true love, growing up in a fallen world, and having compassion for one another really resonated with me, and Pearl has a true gift of infusing these deeper topics with lightheartedness and humor and well,  grace...it brought both tears and laughter and is overall a beautiful, moving novel. I highly recommend it."  
Kate Harvey, blogger and co-author, Finger Lakes Feast

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so exciting and well-deserved! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! You're getting such wonderful press!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all you gals above who commented: thanks so much for your words of support and encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete